How to download video from VK
Videos on the Internet are subject to copyright. Sometimes owners don’t mind downloading published content, but in most cases, authors won’t be happy about it.
Without violations, you can upload your own videos, as well as videos that are covered by the free Creative Commons CC0 (Public Domain) and CC BY (Attribution) license.
In all other situations, we do not recommend doing this.
How to download a video from VKontakte to any device using a downloader site
A simple and convenient way that does not require the installation of any programs and works on all devices. The only exception is devices running iOS 12 and older. If you have one of them, you will need to install the Documents app from the last paragraph of this article.
If you’re downloading videos on an iPhone running iOS 13 or later or an iPad running iPadOS, be sure to use Safari. Other browsers on Apple devices do not allow you to download videos from the web.
- Copy the video link.
- Go to any of these web downloaders: GetVideo.at, Video Grabber, BitDownloader, GetVideo.org (mobile only).
- Paste the previously copied link into the text field.
- Click on the download button and, if possible, select the quality of the video.
- Wait for the video to be saved to your device.
If the browser does not download the content, but opens it in a new tab, do the following:
- On a computer: right-click on the video and use the “Save …” command.
- On an Android device: hold your finger on the video and tap on the “Download video” line.
- On iPhone or iPad: Return to the page with the download button, long press it and select “Download file from the link.”
- How to Download YouTube Videos to Any Device
How to download a video from VKontakte to a computer using a browser extension
This method allows you to download videos to your computer in a couple of clicks.
- Install any of the plugins listed below.
- Open the video page.
- Click on the download button that will appear under the player or to the right of it directly on the VKontakte website.
How to download a video from VKontakte to an Android device using a mobile application
It is convenient to download videos to Android devices using special programs. We list those of them that are most popular on Google Play. All three apps are available for free but show ads.
You will have to connect your VKontakte account to this program. After that, it will allow you to download videos from the news feed, groups, search and other sections of the social network.
- Click “Download” next to the video.
- Select the video quality.
- Wait for the download to finish.
This program works differently. You don’t need to sign in with an account.
- Open the video of interest in the official VKontakte application.
- Click “Share” (arrow icon).
- Select “Video Downloader” from the list.
- When the video appears in the downloader, start playing. Then click on the download button.
Nova video downloader
The program works similarly to the previous one.
- Find the video in the VKontakte application.
- Send it through the “Share” function to the uploader.
- Play the video and click on the download button.
How to download videos from VKontakte to iPhone or iPad using the Documents app
Documents File Manager is the best program to download videos on old Apple gadgets. It is free and does not bother with ads.
- Copy the link to the video.
- Open Documents and click on the blue icon in the lower right corner to launch the built-in browser.
- Open GetVideo.org in Documents or any other downloader site listed at the beginning of the article.
- Paste the copied link and click on the download button.
- If possible, select the video quality.
- Wait for the content to be saved to your device.
The finished item will appear in the Downloads folder inside Documents. If you want to move it to your device’s gallery, click on the three dots next to the video file and select Move → Photo.
This article was first published in March 2014. In August 2021, we updated the text.
- How to download Stories of other users from Instagram*
- How to download Android apps not available on Google Play
Leave a Reply