How to cook semolina porridge without lumps
6 secrets of delicious semolina porridge
- Semolina porridge can be boiled in water, milk or a mixture of both. Porridge on the water may seem fresh to many. Semolina porridge with milk will be hearty, tasty and fragrant. If you prefer a less rich version, dilute the milk with water.
- The ratio of cereals and liquid depends on the desired density of porridge. The best option is 6 tablespoons without a slide per 1 liter of liquid. If you want a thinner porridge, take less semolina. And vice versa.
- Many fall asleep semolina in a boiling liquid. However, in this way, not everyone will be able to achieve the perfect result the first time. Therefore, it is better to put the cereal in a cold liquid and, without stirring, leave for 10-15 minutes. The grains will swell and will not stick together, which means that the porridge will cook without lumps.
- To prevent the porridge from burning, choose a pan with a thick bottom. And the pan should not be warm. Rinse with cold water before adding milk.
- While the semolina is being prepared, it must be stirred frequently. The easiest way to do this is with a whisk. If you move away from the stove for a long time, lumps will appear in the porridge.
- If the porridge, in your opinion, is not thick enough, do not digest it, but remove it from the heat and let it brew for 20-30 minutes. To keep it warm, you can wrap the pan with a thick towel.
Recipe for semolina porridge with milk and water
- 350 ml of milk;
- 150 ml of water;
- 3 tablespoons of semolina;
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- a pinch of salt;
- a small piece of butter.
Pour milk and water into a saucepan and add semolina.
When the semolina swells, stir it so that it does not settle to the bottom. Place the saucepan over low heat and add the sugar and salt.
A pinch of cinnamon or vanillin will give semolina porridge a special flavor.
Bring the porridge to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Then cook the porridge for another 3-4 minutes. In this case, after boiling, it must be stirred continuously.
Add butter to the finished dish and stir it with a whisk.
Serve semolina with your favorite jam, nuts, dry or fresh fruit.