How to choose a kitchen so you don’t regret anything later
How to take into account all the nuances
A modern kitchen allows you to create a space that meets the individual requirements of the owner. Before you start looking for the right kitchen unit, consider a few important questions:
- Is the property in need of renovation? If yes, then it should end before buying a kitchen set.
- Think in detail about the configuration and dimensions of future furniture, which should not occupy more than 20% of the area of u200bu200bthe room.
- What appliances (including built-in and small household appliances) do you need and where will it be located? Do pipes and sockets need to be moved?
- How much storage space do you need for dishes, groceries, household items? Think about how you can functionally use the available space through corner cabinets, pull-out modules, additional shelves, additional mesh baskets.
- Consider where the dining area will be located and what furniture is suitable for it. If the area allows, you can put a large round table and stationary chairs. In a small kitchen, you can use a folding or pull-out table, bar counter, stylish folding chairs.
- Are there non-standard corners, ledges, niches in the kitchen? How are you going to use them?
After the budget has been calculated and the general wishes for the future kitchen have been determined, you can proceed to a detailed study of the layout and the choice of materials.
Features of the kitchen layout
The L-shaped layout is convenient for the functional division of the kitchen space, maintaining the possibility of free movement and simultaneous placement of two cooks at once in the working triangle (storage area, washing area, cooking area).
This is a classic option for rooms whose shape is close to a square. It is possible to optimally use hard-to-reach areas in corner cabinets using retractable multi-level systems.
Suitable for rooms of sufficient size square or rectangular shape, where you need to place a large number of storage systems and kitchen appliances.
For comfortable operation, the optimal length of the parallel lines of the kitchen should be at least one and a half and no more than two meters, and the connecting zone between them should exceed 2.5 meters.
Ideal for narrow spaces less than two meters wide and with a total area of 6-12 square meters. To effectively use the space under the countertop of the kitchen set, you can place built-in appliances, define drawers for dishes, and upper cabinets for products.
For dogs or cats, order a special feeder that slides out of the lower plinth of the headset.
It is best to arrange the objects in this order: refrigerator, work table, sink, second work table and stove. In small kitchens, a folding dining table is mounted on the opposite wall, thereby freeing up usable space.
Island and peninsular cuisines
Such a layout can be considered for premises of at least 20 square meters. In traditional island kitchens, a table with a sink or stove is placed in the middle, and in the peninsular kitchens, a bar counter acts as the center. But, of course, each owner decides for himself what functions to give his island or peninsula.
The optimal size of a free-standing work area is a square with a side of 120 cm. The standard length of the peninsula is 120–180 cm. Usually these are two or three kitchen modules 60 cm wide.
double row kitchen
This is the only way to use the elongated room as efficiently as possible. Suitable for kitchens with an area of at least 9 square meters and a width of at least 2.5 meters. After installing the kitchen set, the width of the passage should not be less than 120 cm.
If you are tired of handles, choose the Push to open system. The doors will respond to light touches and open silently and smoothly.
A convenient option is to place the stove and sink on one side of the kitchen, and the refrigerator on the opposite side. Or, for example, a refrigerator with a sink can be installed against the left wall, and a stove with a cutting table against the right wall.
The only drawback of the two-row layout is the lack of a clearly defined dining area.
How to choose material for a kitchen set
Case and facade of the kitchen
The most popular and budget materials for the kitchen today are MDF (fine fraction) and chipboard (chipboard). Both options allow you to produce a quality product that meets environmental standards.
A special seal for the plinth will prevent moisture and dust from getting under the kitchen furniture. It can be ordered together with the headset or purchased separately.
And yet, for facades and cases, it is recommended to use MDF, which can be covered …
Leave a Reply